Universities | Central Denmark Region
Nordre Ringgade 1, 8000 Aarhus C
Examples of research areas
- Aarhus University (AU) make use of drones for nature and environment surveillance and for agriculture research. Drones could for instance support study on the effect of pesticides on blooming.
- The method development for application of drones in the field of research, surveillance, protection and streamlining in nature, environment, agriculture, forestry, where drones are designed with the purpose of integrating units for collection of data with specific goals. This includes signal and data processing during or after the flight.
- Exploration of new, yet not planned applications for drones for solving future society tasks. This includes development of new sensors for e.g. air quality, water quality, airborne microorganism, lidar scanner etc. to develop brand new method of measurements or miniature familiar method of measurements. This will take place parallel with technological development of drones to execution of new tasks including designing the body of drones to enable an optimal application of sensors, and an advanced operation and communication between the different components in new combinations to performance of the new types of airborne tasks.
- An internal drone network at the university supports and coordinates the institutions drone activities and among these the education of drone pilots.
- At the institution for engineering science, the research is among other subjects on development and adjustment of sensors and operation, controlling and communication between components.
Source: Fonden Teknologirådet (2016): Kortlægning af den offentlige forsknings-, udviklings- og uddannelsesindsats på droneområdet samt den offentlige anvendelse af droner